The Archdiocesan Pastoral Formation Department have been kept busy these past few months. They have worked hard on the restoration of the Order of the Sacraments of Initiation with its emphasis on Family Catechesis that will be adopted by parishes throughout the Archdiocese from later this year. And, to compliment this, they have assisted with the production of a new program for Baptism Preparation which was launched on the 7th June and will come into use in our parishes next year.
To give you a taster of what's on offer, the outline of the annual program for Family Catechesis in preparation for our children receiving First Reconciliation, Confirmation and First Communion will look something like this:
- September: Session I - Theme: Come to the Water
- October: Session II - Theme: Called by Name
- November: Session III - Theme: Come Back to Me
- December: Advent and the Celebration of First Reconciliation
- January: Session IV - Theme: Holy Spirit, the Helper
- February: Session V - Theme: Teach Us to Pray
- March: Session VI - Theme: Jesus Brings Us Together
- April: Session VII - Theme: Mary, the First Disciple
- May and June: Celebration of Confirmation & First Holy Communion
Parents of baptised Catholic children in Year Four will be invited to take part in the parish-based course before they present their children to receive First Reconciliation, Confirmation or First Communion.
More information for parents about dates for the meetings after the schools' summer break.